Monday, May 16, 2011

The New Family

It’s a freezing cold night. I find a homeless family on my doorstep and invite them into my home to sleep. But in the morning, the family doesn’t leave the house and I find them sitting on lawn, talking to each other and for the very first time, I notice a kind of worried expression on the face of the elder member of this family. I go near them and find two kids, along with their mother and father, shuddering with cold, wearing ragged attires with roughed skin, looking here and there with shattered hopes as they don’t know where they have to land now to get food and shelter. I go near to the kids-their face are oval and pale and eyes have a vacant look as they didn’t get proper food for a long days. My hands automatically go on their heads, ruffling and caressing gently and there is a kind of self contentment I feel for  the first time.
“What is you name,” I ask to elder child.
“Sir, Rahul,” he replies in very hopeless tone.
“And your,” I turn to younger one.
“Sir, Pankaj,” he replies feebly as he gets fear of something.
“Nice names,” I turn to their parents.
And their eyes stick with mine fathoming the intimacy I have shown for these lovely kids.
“Sir,” the very feeble voice of mother engulfs in surroundings calling me.
“Hmmm,” I look at her.
Her pale eyes gets a gleam of hope and she comes closer to me.
“Sir can you provide us some work so we can arrange food for these kids,” she asks arranging her tattered sari.
“We can do anything you provide us,” cheerless voice of father tells.
Their conditions make me helpless and for a fraction of second my mind slips into abyss of thought wandering to my past and I think about my childhood, how hard life it was for me. it was a hectic crucial journey through I passed. My childhood was not different from these kids as my poor parents was not able to provide me the kind of happiness I was poor and helpless that time but tmy parents provided me the right direction and motivation to move on the craggy path of life and just because of their caring, today I am here possessing a very good position in a reputed company, getting a handsome salary and remuneration but it really is hard for me to forget those all worse days and the sacrifice, my parents did for me.
“Sir, don’t worry if you can’t then we can look for another house,” mother’s voice breaks my chain of thought and my eyes again hang on those children who are looking mockingly at me.
For another fraction of second, I thought about their future, ‘What will happen to them if they manage the same way of life wandering here and there in search of food and shelter? Are they born just to be loser like this?’
And a heavy stupor clouds in my mind.
‘Is this not a responsibility of mine to give them the right direction so they can lead a successful life?’ I thought, ‘Being poor is not a crime and they also deserve a respectable place in this civic society.’
A gust of very cool breeze passes through the lawn making them more shuddering and I see children hiding their face into the lap of their mother.
“Move into the corner room first, the cold is unbearable,” I direct them.
The very dark eyes of father swing open with amazement as he doesn’t trust on his ears. He looks very affectionately at me as he wants to reconfirmation of my directions.
“You should move on first,” I again instruct them.
They follow me leading to the corner room. The room is hot and clean and the family seems more relaxed being there.
“Okay have your proper breakfast and lunch here, I will see you at evening,” I leave instructing them.

I go to my office but my mind still wanders thinking about the future of those children and as being a generous human being, I firmly decide to do something for their betterment.
At evening, when I get in, I find children sleeping on the bare cold floor and their parents were weeding the lawn. I slowly go near to them staring at their shining faces and finally call to their parents.
For the first time in my life I am going to do something I can get real bliss, my heart encourages me.
“you will take care of the kitchen,” I point finger at mother, “and you will help caring of this house, okay.” I give instructions to their father.
A beam of twinkling hope I can see clearly in their eyes.
“Sir I don’t know how will I repay your gratitude,” father came near to me with moisten and spilling eyes.
“Ohhh,” I heave a huge breath, “there is a way to repay my gratitude.” I tell.
“What sir?” Their eyes stick with mine.
“You have to send your children to school”
“Sir,” intervenes very affectionate voice of mother.
“Don’t worry for anything, I will take care of them.” I tell.
They come near to me as they want to touch my feet. I saunter backward instructing them for their work.
Next day, I go along with those children to a school of my nearby locality to get them admitted.

And this way life moves on. At evening, I daily use to help them to their study. It is a good way for me to entertain my self.
Days passes and new month of calendar welcomes us. Now life becomes so miraculous as I got something, the missing part of my life. Within very few days they all seem as the member of my new family. They care me the best way they can think for. These children are very talented and I also properly take care of them so they can manage to live a very glorious life ahead.

Copyright © 2011 PRO WRITERS




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

SHORT STORY TABLOID © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates